Thursday, October 9, 2008

Local Yokel Activity:

Lately, I've taken a few outings around the area.

The weather went all kinds of kooky crazy hot the other day, so Alex and I hit up Pismo the other evening. I love me Weather because it makes a difference in pictures. Overcast, gloomy, windy, whatever. Hot at the beach is rare, so I was looking forward to the opportunity and it didn't disappoint.

Pismo Beach on October 7, 2008.

Another thing going on this week is that The Mike has barely worked so far. Monday he worked a short day and then was off Tuesday and Wednesday. I hate it when that happens, but at least he was willing to go out and about yesterday, so I could take pictures. Although it didn't pan out, he took me on a mystery ride for (what he was hoping would be) creek shots. Unfortunately, the creek was completely dried up. Also unfortunate was that he, not being into picture taking, didn't think stopping the car every so often was necessary. Almost all my pictures were taken from the passenger side while driving a less-than-stellar back road.

Upper Lopez Canyon Road.

Tonight was the monthly meeting of the SLO Camera Club. I'm glad I went, and I'm glad Alex went too. We both think that this club is not going to satisfy our "thirst for photography knowledge", but we do want to check it out a few more times to get a better feel for it. Alex, at 20, was definitely the youngest member. Me, days away from 40, was the second youngest member, lol.

Some pretty neat events are coming up, here locally, and I'm going to be checking them out. First up is an open studio tour (and while I had read about it online, a knitter came to the Sunday knit group and whipped out some postcards about her work.) Another cool thing happening here is gale force winds that should make for some awesome shots at the beach. Also, high tide hits around 8:40 tomorrow morning and I want to be there for that.

Like I said - there is plenty to occupy me, here locally, at the moment. Too soon, my time will be sucked back into work and tax deadlines and 'nose to the grindstone' activity. Right now I just want to breath in all that I love and enjoy.

No comments: